This Blog has moved to Facebook, please be my friend here: http://www.facebook.com/psmattpavel

And please like my Page here: http://www.facebook.com/pavelstudios

Thanks,

-Matt

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pumpkins

Well every year Hope, Austin, and I make it a point to carve a pumpkin right before Halloween. This year we waited a little late and the pickings werent quite as good considering the drought... but never the less we still made an effort. Austin is six this year and did a great job on his first pumkin ever. He sketched out the design on paper, we traced it on, and he carved away. What a great job wouldnt you agree?



As for me, I couldnt decide what I wanted to carve and was up for hours looking for ideas on the web. Finally it hit me and I decided I would try Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Judge for yourself but I think it looks more like the Crypt Keeper from the late night USA network back in the nineties!



Unfortunately Hope was working the day before Halloween otherwise the Gollum pumpkin would probably have looked much better. But here are some pumpkins we have carved in the past... our favorite of which is when we take on self portrait pumpkin projects.













See you again next week,

Matt

0 comments: