This Blog has moved to Facebook, please be my friend here: http://www.facebook.com/psmattpavel

And please like my Page here: http://www.facebook.com/pavelstudios

Thanks,

-Matt

Monday, September 11, 2006

Photoshop World Vegas!

Alright, well as promised here is another update for the pages of Pavel Studio's. This week it was time for some Photoshop training in the city of lights... not that I saw many lights as most of the time was spent in training seminars. But all is well as I have learned a ton of useful information to create better, more spectacular photographs.

My beautiful wife Hope came along to keep me company when I wasn't attending classes. This is her making a few calls home after we checked in and admired the view from our room at the Luxor.



The conference was just next door at the Mandalay Bay, however, just next door in these jumbo hotels was still a 15 minute powerwalk to the convention area. Here is one of the sights along the way.



Sorry, I couldnt resist. A spotlight in the room had this great affect at night and I just had to capture it... along with a little Mac promo of course.



Food options seemed a bit limited. One afternoon Hope and I stopped to eat at the Rum Jungle. It was quite an atmosphere, glass waterfalls, vivid colors, and swirling firey torches were the theme here!



While in the hotel room, a quick thunderstorm drifted by and I couldnt help but to take these!





On the last day, Hope went with me to the conference to learn some Photoshop skill. (I think she wants guru status like me). Here we are waiting for the tram outside the hotel.



Ooops! We went the wrong way...lets try that again.



And here we are in class learning some great tips on creating Photoshop effects. (somebody turn up the lights, I'm falling asleep)



The plane took off right at sunset and man was it beautiful. We had a great time but it still felt great to be coming home!



All in all it was a great trip, we did do a few other things besides the conference. One of the coolest things was Mystere by Cirque de Soilel. Cameras werent allowed or else I would have used up all of my memory cards, but if you ever get to see any Cirque de Soilel I would highly recommend it!

So I hope I suceeded in entertaining you for a few minutes and I look forward to seeing you again next week!

Until then,

Matt

0 comments: