This Blog has moved to Facebook, please be my friend here: http://www.facebook.com/psmattpavel

And please like my Page here: http://www.facebook.com/pavelstudios

Thanks,

-Matt

Friday, January 16, 2009

Fort Southwest Point, TN

So a couple of weeks ago Fort Southwest Point in Kingston had what they call a candle light fort night. I probably would have missed it but my Dad had mentioned to me that he would love to have a Civil War era photograph for his living room. Well this wasn't quite Civil War era but it was the best I could do. The Fort was operational from 1797 to 1811 and as it's name suggests was at the time the southwestern point of the United States. It served at first to protect travelers from the Cherokee but later mainly served to keep the whites from settling on Cherokee lands.

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun leaning about the Soldiers and how they lived. If you would like to learn more check out the Fort Southwest Point Website and click on history in the top right corner.

Ohh, and........What would this blog be without pics?:











1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if your dad says 'he would love to have a Civil War era photograph for his living room' and these amazing photos appear, if I say 'I would love to have a picture of Hope and the kids' what will I see? ( :

Thinking of all of you.

Love, Aunt Janette